Sunday, May 6, 2012

Riding in Cars with Boys vs Girls

So the other day  I had this experience of riding in cars with boys...

That was followed up with a bit of sadness as my momma cat quit taking care of her babies....not sure if she quit producing milk or what her deal is, but it's the same fate that befell her first litter last year.  Anyways, I took the kids with me to the vet's office to get some kitten nursing bottles.

Mikeal (remember, 9yo boy) asks me:  "If you get breast implants can you still feed your babies?"
Me:  "I imagine so, it's just a silicone water balloon put in behind the mammary glands that produce the milk."
Mikeal:  "Can they pop?"
Me:  "I've heard of it happening."
Mikeal:  "So the baby can bite it & it pop, then drink the water?"
Me:  "Not quite..."
Mikeal:  "So if you have breast implants you're always ready for a water balloon fight!"
Me:  "No, Mikeal.  The implants are surgically implanted, under the skin & tissues, then sewn up over.  Also - they're silicone, that stuff daddy uses to seal the gaskets & such on cars to keep water & fluids from leaking out everywhere"
Mikeal:  "Okay, whatever"

....
Yesterday we went to a friend's house to go swimming & ended up leaving Mikeal there with the boys to spend the night & brought home two girls, age 5 & 7 to spend the night with Mikaila.

This morning I took the girls home.

I noticed my neighbor home & so I stopped for a minute to see if his wife was home.
5yo:  "Why are we going here?"
7yo: "This isn't my house."
I'm trying to talk to my neighbor asking about his wife & chit chat for a minute about the insane prices of buying replacement parts for lawnmowers in the summer (He repairs lawnmowers on the side.)

I bid him good day, we go back on our way...
7yo: "Why did we stop here?"
Me:  "I just needed to talk to his wife for a minute, but she's not home."
5yo:  "Why is she not home?"
Me:  " She's probably at her son's house to help take care of him & his kids."
7yo:  "Why does she take care of them? If he's grown and has kids doesn't he have a wife?"
Me:  "He's very sick & his wife lives somewhere else."
5yo: "Why is he sick?"

Sadly these girls' grandfather just passed away a couple of months ago from lung cancer.  My neighbor's son has stage 4 pancreatic cancer, 3 kids under 10, & his wife is a pillhead that in order for him to continue to receive hospice care she's not allowed on the property because she steals his pain meds...I then try to tread delicately because the girls are not my kids & I know their parents are very closed when it comes to discussing a lot of things....

Me:  "He has cancer & can't do a lot of things by himself."
5yo:  "Does he cough because of it?"
Me:  "I don't know"
5yo:  "Does it make him throw up?"
Me:  "Maybe"
5yo:  "I got sick and it made me cough and cough and I throwed-up"
Me:  "It's different than that.  You don't have cancer yours got better with lots of rest & medicines your mommy gave you."
5yo:  "My daddy got me the medicine when I throwed-up & then I drank some Sprite & it made me throwed-up more."
7yo:  "It's THREW UP, not throwed-up"

Argument ensues about verbs and proper tenses of verbs.

We had only made it about 1.5miles from the house by this point....and it's a 8 mile drive to their house.

I turn on the radio and the conversation turned to what everyone was singing about on the radio. 

I'd much rather ride in cars with boys...they ask the easy questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment