Friday, September 21, 2012

Long time no see

...first an update about my previous post.  Yes, I know, it's been a while, whatever, life has been busy.  I had my mammogram, honestly it was no where near as frightening or painful or anything else of that nature as people would like for you to believe.  They put your boobs between two plastic plates, just tight enough that you don't have to hold them, snap a few pictures, & you're done.  I think wearing a bra is WAY more intrusive & annoying than getting a mammogram.  Due to the fact I'm only 30 the tech only took one x-ray, to limit the amount of radiation I'd be exposed to, then we moved onto the ultrasound.  If you've ever been pregnant the boob ultrasound is WAY less uncomfortable than an abdominal one....and 10,000x less than a trans-vaginal one!  Test results though showed beautifully healthy boobs!  The lumpiness is just fibrocystic tissue & I was told to not worry about that ugly "c" word, just come back in 10yrs for my next scan, unless of course a lump or lumps feel like they're on my pectoral muscles themselves or near my armpits.

The kids are doing well.  Mikeal is on the list to be tested for the intellectually gifted program.  At some point in time the school will get with it & get that finished so we can move onto an IEP for him.  He turned 10 last month.  Kinda unbelievable how far we've come in the last 10 years and how quickly it really does seem to go now, looking back.  Very cliché, I know, but whatever.

Mikaila seems to have reached a plateau of sorts with her speech.  It's also quite annoying to see her give up on trying, anything, so quickly.  If she doesn't 'get it' immediately she just moves on.  She reminds me of something....

Brian is doing awesome with his new job!!  He's selling cars at the Ford dealership here in town.  It's an AWESOME fit for him & he's totally rocking it!

I'm still in school, still painting glass, and still rocking the mom thing, also started cleaning houses once in a while with a friend.  I think I've reached a new level with my personal demons & depression - they don't seem to bog me down as much as they used to.  I'm not yet totally in the clear, but some of the fog is lifting & that's been great.

My next post (I hope it's my next post) I hope will help me get past more of my fog & bring things into perspective, at least to myself, since I mainly just write this for me & a few others, once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment