Thursday, June 24, 2010

So...

I'm at a crossroads.

See, I'm not too terribly fond of liars, hypocrites, thieves, and users.

I've always worked hard for what I have, that's not to say I haven't received help along the way, but I have worked for everything I do have.

Yes, I'm currently a stay-at-home-mom, but that doesn't mean I don't operate and run this household within our budget. I'm nearly 30 years old and have yet to obtain a single credit card. People who say they can't get by without one are just lazy and unwilling to find a way around life without one. I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings but that's my opinion.

So often I see people stretch their credit out to the last nickle then turn around and file bankruptcy. I'm not talking about bankruptcy brought on by medical ailments or other such unforeseeable accidents. I'm talking about the $200,000 home with only a $50,000 income, the $20,000 credit debt acquired to furnish the house, and the countless other thousands put on credit for vehicles, clothes, electronics, and just junk. I view most of these persons as THIEVES. That's right, I said it. After all what else do you call someone who "borrows and borrows", then never pays back?

But this post isn't about all that exactly.

It has to do with people on Facebook, truth be told.

I have someone "Pending" in my "Friend Request" box. I don't care a lot for this person. Socially I should, but I don't. She's made her relationship with me based on a LOT of lies. I keep my ties with her strictly to a nearly non-existent point. I can't exactly cut her completely out because of the simple fact she's Brian's mother, but I really don't want her on my Facebook page.

If this makes me a bad person, so be it.

I have taken more crap from this woman than anyone deserves, for what? To be treated like shit? To be spit on because apparently being the mother of two children, foster mother to two more children, and having many other obligations to take care of, while battling my own (still) untreated depression and physical problems, isn't enough of a load, that I also have to be available at her beck and call? Sorry Charlie, just not my cup of tea.

Don't get me wrong, I did nothing wrong by her. I took her to her doctor appointments, took her shopping, when she wasn't doped up out of her head and canceled on me after driving all the way out to the place she was staying in, after getting 4 kids ready to get out and about. I drove out there every few days until she had a phone, to check on her, other days my mom who lived basically next door (as next door as you can get in the middle of nowhere), and still other days Brian would drop in and check on her after work. She never went more than a 24 hour period without someone knocking on the door to check on her. Yet we abandoned her.

She was "dying". For someone who's dying of some rare heart disease she had a funny way of showing it. I didn't take a lot of issue with it until after she drove from upstate New York, down to Alabama, then out to Oklahoma, all within 5 days, with such a bad heart that it was only at 13% function. Not only was she doing all this driving 100% by herself, but she was driving a moving truck. I'm sorry, I've made a few just 8 hour drives to move and it completely EXHAUSTED me, and I'm a relatively healthy 28 year old...back then I was 18-21, 25, and 27, having completed my most recent 8hr drive move just a few months ago, right before my 28th birthday. There's no way that I'd feel up to making a 36 hour drive in just 5 days, by myself, NO WAY! Much less while dying of some rare heart disease that only 2% of people even survive, supposedly.

I still have no clue what the name of this rare disease is, but do know that my father had a pretty mild heart defect that did kill him at 44 years old and he was no where near as "active" as she is, bouncing all over the country driving a moving truck. My dad had passed away roughly the year before my mother-in-law made this spectacular display of herself. So I just *kinda* take heart issues QUITE seriously.

Then I got to know my mother-in-law a bit better. She was ALWAYS about the attention being on her...then it hit me. The VERY day that I was in the hospital to have Mikaila is the EXACT same day that she "nearly died" from this heart disease, her heart function that day was only at 2%. It was up to 13% when she made the countryside travels & move, supposedly the doc in Oklahoma told her she needed a pace maker, but she moved a week later to Texas, and by the time she got down to Texas, when Mikaila was 7 months old, her heart function was up to 54% with no need for a pacemaker. Now she's "beat" this disease.

Now, I don't quite claim to be some sort of super genius, but I'm pretty sure that all these activities and lack of real medical intervention didn't cause her heart to miraculously heal on it's own. DO keep in mind that this woman also smokes roughly 2.5 packs of cigarettes a DAY. She's on about 50 types of medications - most for "anxiety" or "sleep issues" or things like Percocet for her "severe" migraines...and who knows what else, but I recognize most of them as meds my current doctor will NOT prescribe because of their additive nature, and she pops them like candy.

Then there was the day that we packed up her house for her so she could move to Texas. The woman claims to be deathly allergic to bee stings - ok, legitimate enough, I suppose - she makes sure to have epi-pens on her at all times, in case of a sting. NOW! Again, I don't claim to be some sort of super genius, but generally if a person is stung by a bee there is redness and swelling, allergic or not. Not to fail to mention the fact that shooting up with an epi-pen does not in itself act as an antihistamine to the allergic reaction, it merely just keeps your heart pumping, you have to ALSO take an antihistamine with it to ward off the effects of an allergic reaction. She supposedly gets stung on her finger, afterall, if you look closely and squint you might be able to see a little bit of reddening between the rings on her hands. She refuses to take the Benedryl with the epi-pen because it'd make her sleepy. As if she was really doing anything but bitching about how Brian and I were loading the moving truck anyways. But, whatever, it gives her the "boost" she needs to keep "alive".

That just covers the surface area. I really don't want her to be on my Facebook Friends' list, but at the same time I feel slightly obligated to at least give her a response of some sort.

Maybe this entry will take care of that for me. Afterall I'm sure my stalker will be more than willing to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment