Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Eight Years Ago...pt 2

~*~*~*~*~This is part two of an ongoing series. Part one can be found here. ~*~*~*~*~

....today I waddled into the hospital for my first attempt at an induction. They put this nasty jelly type stuff up in me to help soften my cervix. -Don't ask me the name...I honestly don't remember.- This required me to lay there, hooked up to a few different machines, flat on my back. I was not allowed to eat anything. I was not allowed to drink anything. The best I could hope for was ice chips and I'm not terribly fond of ice. So I laid there, bored out of my mind, blood pressure machine going off every 20 minutes, other monitors beeping and carrying on. It was a Sunday night that I had checked into at 6pm.

My family was 12 hours away. I had a few friends in the area that I had met through the meetings of the religious organization I identify with, but they sleep at night and it wasn't quite like we were super close. The dead-beat had a great way of running people off by going on about how terribly immoral I apparently was. Where was the dead-beat you ask? I'd sent him out to sneak me in some food at 8pm that night...I didn't see him again until about 5am. At that time he was terribly drunk, brought me a COLD grilled cheese sandwich that looked disgusting, and proceeded to harass the nurses who came in and put me on the pitocin. He then cussed me out again because I was not yet dilated, no progress whatsoever was being made in regards to birthing Mikeal, and apparently while he was gone I was getting busy with my attractive doctor. I didn't find him all that terribly attractive but the dead-beat considered him to be, so of course I thought the same way as he.

~*~*~*~*~Stay tuned for the continuation....~*~*~*~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment