Friday, October 26, 2012

Sometimes I'll Blog

First, I have to say there have been some developments in this story.  A continuation of sorts.  I told you that I was sure were were just at the intermission, turns out I was right.  Elvis is returning to the United States & will have a permanent entertainment gig, where he should thrive.  Granted he stays away from the psycho bitches.

So, on with life:




Mikeal is doing awesome at school.  We have an IEP meeting to attend tomorrow, well, today, at noon.  First one for him, but oddly it has made me more nervous than I was for Mikaila's first one.  Mikaila needed special services for speech & behavioral issues caused by not being able to hear for a few years of her life.  Mikeal is requiring special services because he's intellectually gifted.  Now, I don't, yet, know all the results of all the tests they put him through, I'll update that sometime this weekend, but do know that in at least a few areas he's testing at an 'above high school level'.  He's in 5th grade.  He's a young 5th grader at that.  He just turned 10 at the end of August.  He's always been ahead of his classmates & has always been bored with schoolwork because it's easy for him.  Normally these tests are done when the students are in 2nd/3rd grade, but we didn't move here until Mikeal was in the middle of 2nd grade and the differences between education in Oklahoma and the education here in Tennessee is ENORMOUS!  Someone with an average intellectual ability would test high in Oklahoma, but on a national scale they would only just be average.  After three solid years of testings showing that Mikeal would exceed the expectations of what is normal for someone his age.  This past year's state standardized testing showed him scoring well above average, in everything.  So we started this year off with psychological exams, family history reports, yada yada a bunch of stuff.  I did intentionally leave off a lot of stuff about his sperm donor because I did NOT want Mikeal to be judged based upon the fuckery of that piece of scum.  ((I have that right to call him that.  He believes women should be beaten into submission if they fall out of the narrow line he's drawn, he likes to rape children, and thinks he has no responsibilities towards Mikeal because *he* did not ask for the divorce.))



Moving on.

Mikaila is also doing well.  Her teachers believe she'll do just fine academically with her classmates when she goes into Kindergarten next year, but it does seem we've reached a plateau where her speech progress is concerned.  Starting next week she'll be seeing the speech therapist in one on one sessions once a week, instead of two shared sessions.  She'll still have two sessions each week, just one will be solo.  She has taken to just throwing her hands up & shrugging, as if to say: "Well, I tried, I couldn't say it right, oh well, what are you going to do about it?"  The little twerp.  I ADORE her personality though.  Sweet, loving, sharp as a whip, and sassy sweet.  Not the mouthy punk teenager type of sass, but adorable, you can't help but laugh, she's almost 5, type of sass.  Sparkly blue eyes that make you know she's up to something, you just haven't figured it out yet...and that's too bad for you.  She also has FOUR very wiggly front teeth.  ZOMG  HOW does that happen so quickly!  My baby is getting so big.


Brian's doing alright selling cars.  It's been a slow month, but I'm sure it'll pick back up here shortly.  ((I actually have a lot to say about it, but will refrain.))

I'm doing well enough.  My heart is broken for friends that I'm unable to do more for, but do have to continuously remember that I am only one person & cannot yet save the world.  Man do I try though!  I still suck at it.  My health seems to be doing alright.  My knee is still wonky from time to time, but it starts acting right just before I go get the MRI done on it , so I put it off again.  This week it's cooperated with me walking on the treadmill & getting a ton of stuff almost done, so I suppose I can't complain much.  Our next cold front is moving in this morning, so I'm sure I'll be back to hobbling for a little while.  Right now I feel it in my head & back & feet, but it's creeping into the rest of my joints.  It sucks, but what else am I going to do?  School is going well and if I can refrain from major illness or surgery during my terms I'm sure it'd go much better!  Pneumonia is nothing to mess around with!

Next week Brian & I celebrate 5 years of marriage.  It's been a lovely mix of ups & down & consistent growth.  I really wouldn't change it for anything in the world.  My heart swells each time I think about him and how our life has morphed together.  It's simply amazing. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment