Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring is In the Air

And therefore TONS of work to get done!

I've gotten both of my raised beds built and filled with dirt, plants, and seeds! Brian has been working on tilling the area that I'm going to be putting in my in ground garden.

In my raised beds I have strawberries, a few pepper plants, lettuce, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, turnips, and radishes. I'm going to be putting my tomatoes, the rest of my pepper plants, cucumber hills, watermelon, cantaloupes, and onions in the ground itself.

Here in the next few weeks after I get settled into a good school routine, get more dirt, etc I'll be doing some container gardens on the porch, using my old tote boxes that I no longer have a real need for...I'm not too sure what I'll be putting in them yet, but it'll be fun when I do decide!

Brian's also decided its time for a change of employers. He was offered better pay and more consistent hours at a competitor store and should be starting within the next week there!

Fun times are in the air! Mikeal goes on Spring Break on Monday, the 5th...I start school on Monday the 5th, and Brian starts his new job then! Now for me to get to work on my first homework assignment....it's due on Monday as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment