Saturday, March 31, 2012

Another Vocabulary/Reading Comprehension Lesson


Do me a favor...read the top of the page.  What does the title of this blog say it is?


Does it say: "The Unchallengeable, Perfect, Unquestionable Truth"? Or anything of that particular caliber?


No, it does not.


I've only been a living breathing part of this world for 29 years, 10 months, 29 days (or so)...I'll be 30 on the Eve of Cinco de Mayo, so you do the math...if you don't know what day that is, I'm sorry, you're just shit out of luck.  (I've also started drinking)

ANYWAYS...the point of me explaining my age has to do with the title of my blog.


My blog title states that this is "Perceptions of My Reality".

Vocabulary lesson tidbit according to Dictionary.com

per·cep·tion[per-sep-shuhn]noun

1. the act or faculty of apprehending by means of the senses or of the mind; cognition; understanding.
2. immediate or intuitive recognition or appreciation, as of moral, psychological, or aesthetic qualities; insight; intuition; discernment: an artist of rare perception.
3. the result or product of perceiving,  as distinguished from the act of perceiving; percept.
4. Psychology . a single unified awareness derived from sensory processes while a stimulus is present.
5. Law . the taking into possession of rents, crops, profits, etc.
my[mahy]  pronoun

1. (a form of the possessive case of I  used as an attributive adjective): My soup is cold.

re·al·i·ty [ree-al-i-tee] noun, plural re·al·i·ties for 3, 5–7.
1. the state or quality of being real.
2. resemblance to what is real.
3. a real thing or fact.
4. real things, facts, or events taken as a whole; state of affairs: the reality of the business world; vacationing to escape reality.
5. Philosophy .

    a. something that exists independently of ideas concerning it.
    b. something that exists independently of all other things and from which all other things derive.

So...to break it down, by meanings of the individual words my blog title implies:

The act or faculty of apprehending by means of the senses or of the mind; cognition; understanding, owned by my personage, in the state or quality of being real.

In more feeble minded words:
This is what I see as being real and accurate.

Back to what my biological age has to do with any of this....

In my almost 30 years of life on this planet I have learned that everyone sees their life one way, while someone else sees it another way.  If you were to ask my mother about my life she'll tell you I've always been a goody-two-shoes and it totally shocks her to know that I've been stoned, drunk, in jail, the works, even though she's witnessed each of these things herself.  My best friend, who has been through most of my life with me, will tell you that I'm the most awesome badass she knows.  My Grandma would look at you like you were stupid if you were to so much as say one negative thing about me.  My Grandpa would laugh and take credit for me being like him.  My Granny would beat you senseless without even moving more than a few eyebrow muscles.  My Papa would just shrug his shoulders and say he still loves me anyways.  My Daddy would carry on that he knew all these things about me, even if it's the first time he's ever heard it, and state that I know where he's at if I ever need his help.  My sister would not only take what you have to say, but she'll make it look like I'm the most deplorable person to walk the earth.  My brothers would both be fairly non-chalant about it...the older one of the two describing how he can top it; they would both beat you senseless for  portraying me in a bad light..the older one physically, the younger one mentally.

So my point is we all have a different perception on each of our own realities.  I'm comfortable with most of the details of my life.  That's not saying I'm proud of all of them or that I'm at a place with myself that I'm comfortable sharing all of them, but I'll let you know when such is the case & I'll not share anything I'm not comfortable sharing, especially if I think my feelings on that matter may grossly skew how I portray the details.

As far as my stalker is concerned...I have no ill wishes against her.  I don't hate her.  She's annoyed me & my family beyond belief, but so does pollen.  If she wishes to share her perception of reality she's more than welcome.  Comments are open to anyone.  I just know what I've had to experience while in her sights for the last four years.  I'm sure she's a lovely person so long as you agree with her perceptions, never contradict or challenge her, and do as she expects you to do for her, when she expects you to do it for her & not a minute later.


**Yes, I came back & edited some of the formatting...I do believe I mentioned I'd been drinking while posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment