Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Even sweeter!

The guy that owns the dog that we kept the other night just stopped by...I guess he is my other neighbor, the old man that I met last year is his dad...but anyways he stopped by to ask if I'd like some eggs. :cool: I guess his hens are back to laying and he can't give them away fast enough. I think we go through eggs almost as quickly as we go through milk & bread. He also has quite a bit of cattle over there and I might even be able to build a decent relationship with him to the point of asking him about buying a cow off of him for a decent price & then turning around and filling our freezer with beef. In addition to my garden...

So I have found that little veggie stand the other day where I can veggies & fruits CHEAP and maybe be able to sell some of my surplus if all does well. My other neighbor is going to be giving us eggs. I will be able to get a lot of pork soon, and maybe beef... Now to talk my mom into giving me the bread maker she has sitting at her place collecting dust, and I think I'll be able to do well in DRASTICALLY reducing my grocery bill!

No comments:

Post a Comment