Saturday, June 6, 2009

Personal Make-Over

I've always, well since middle school, been a bit heavier than "average" it never really bothered me, I held my shape well, have always been fit, could run a mile just like the next person...well, always kept my time around 10-12 minutes, so I never considered myself in the "fat" category. When *I* think of someone as fat I don't look at their BMI or how many tummy rolls they may or may not have, I look at their activity....if that "overweight" person can get out there and be just as physically active as someone else of lesser weight, then I thought nothing of it, but it was when such persons weren't even able to keep up with their house enough to at least take dirty diapers out of the living room, or dishes be done at least once a day that I start considering that person "fat"...but mainly just lazy.

Anyways, I'm not the lazy category of fat, I've just always been overweight, I've always ate well, I watch my junk intake carefully...there's not point in adding to a problem. I maintain a fairly active lifestyle. I keep my house clean, do all my own yard work, help out in the community, the works...but it is not enough. Prior to becoming pregnant with Mikaila I went through a very drastic weight loss...well the number on the scale never went below 200, but I went from a size 20 to a size 12, in 8 months, with no real diet change, no extra exercise, nada, I just worked. I worked in a convience store...on my feet, constantly walking, stocking, you name it, so I turned that into a bit of "work-out" for myself. I'd do squats while lifting crates of soda or cases of beer, the works...well, it's been 2 years and a bad pregnancy in there and well I wasn't able to really maintain.

So I got myself some Zumba DVDs since I've been hearing a lot of great things about Zumba, I'm going to make it a goal to go down to the track, with the kids, and start jogging it a few times a week. In the very least I might learn some new dance steps. LOL

But my living room is now arranged in such a way that so long as the toys are not in the floor I should not be a danger to myself. My goal is to get down to at least a size 12...I know that sounds "large" to many persons, but I stand 6ft tall, am well built, and can sling a 100 pound hay bale like it's almost nothing, and I'm not too keen on making myself look like an anorexic runway model.

Now I just need to find a reward for myself for when I do reach this goal....



ETA : I also quit smoking!

No comments:

Post a Comment