Thursday, July 9, 2009

ya' know...

I can think of things all day that I think would be good posts...and then when I have time to post I draw a blank and just :blah: .... or :lurk:

Then when I go to bed I lie there and try to go to sleep but I'm generally remembering all those things I had thought about posting about but forgot about it completely, promising myself that I'd get around to it in the morning, only to go to sleep and forget that I'd promised myself anything other than the fact that I was going to make some coffee when I got up...many times I even screw that up...

...

So my thought for the day is this...

I'm really REALLY getting annoyed with all the potty training going on in my house.

Mikaila thinks it's a hoot to poo in her bed & smear it on the wall...or just squat and go in the floor, two minutes after insisting she was done on the toilet.

The kittens think the best places to go are either in the corner by my desk, behind my tower, all over the wires and/or behind my filing cabinet there. OR they like to pee on the floor of my bathroom.

The puppy is actually the best one about going potty and has been since day 1 of us getting her...but when she's left inside while we're gone all day she will go...right smack dab in the middle of the kitchen floor - but not bad.

The one that gets me irriated is LugNut...our almost 2 year old dog. She for whatever reason thinks it's okay to go underneath Mikaila's crib if I make her stay in at night or inside while we're gone. :gaah:

I don't have an adequet fence built to keep the dogs outside when they'd like because 1)the grouches next door are being a PITA about me tearing out their falling down barbed wire fence the runs along the back & putting up my fence, using their fence posts there and 2) the neighbor that owns the cow field next to us is going to be bulldozing out the whole fence line on that side as soon as the ground is dry enough to actually run a dozer through without sinking it (it's overgrown with blackberries, honey suckle, & brush where he can't get to it with his brush hog due to the swampy bits).

BUT the one that REALLY REALLY REALLY gets to me is the men of the house who don't seem to know how to hit the toilet or flush it! :gaah:

But all of that isn't the worst part...my FIL & SMIL are going to be here this weekend and I have a week's worth of dirty laundry, plus bedding to get washed, my house seems to reek of piss (IMO, others have said they don't notice it, but I don't buy it, much) and all the borax, baking soda, vinegar, steam cleaner, carpet cleaners, deodorizers, etc only seem to do the trick until I feel like I'm done getting everything cleaned up...then someone starts back over. :doh:

On a positive note...Mikaila has gotten tall enough to reach the bottom of our TV, so has lovely ink marks all over the screen, but Brian FLIPS when I go to clean it because of it's "flat screen" sensitivities. :roll: I did find that rubbing alcohol, mixed with vinegar & water does WONDERS on getting ink off my walls & windows. Hydrogen peroxide has doen WONDERS getting the engine grease & grime of 5 cats, 2 dogs, 2 children, & a husband off the offwhite loveseat/chair thing in the living room - just spray then scrub a bit, let dry. Installing Mikaila proof cabinet locks is a PITA but I have figured out the trick to that, so two of my pantry cupboards are now safe from her excursions for cookies or crackers or pasta noodles and the like. :doh: I swear you'd think I never feed my children....until it's time for dinner, then they're not hungry.

The Swiffer Wet Jet is "ok" for cleaning up after a "mess" but using it on the whole floor for a week just leaves a nasty black film over the whole floor & makes it harder to scrub, no matter how little of the solution I try to get away with using. The Swiffer Vac is great though...until someone pries the child safety cover off a nearby outlet and sticks the charger end into the outlet & flips the breaker. :mad: ...I think she's finally "learned"...several timeouts later and she hasn't done it in the last week, or so....but the duct tape over the cover might help in hindering her too....

....


I'm REALLY looking forward to Brian's vacation next week....

No comments:

Post a Comment