Thursday, January 14, 2010

I've said it before

suppose I'll say it again...last time was here.

I'm not a country music listener. I started detesting it while I was married to my ex-husband. He's a cousin of Garth Brooks, sounds like him, looks a lot like him, and had an addiction to doing karaoke at the bars at every chance he made for himself. He wasn't bad at it, I'll give him that, but after about the 15th shot of alcohol it was just too much for anyone to finish listening to him...including myself.

I grew up listening to country music though. I really have nothing against the artists themselves...I don't care for Garth, but that's with prejudice reasoning, before my ex-husband was in, then out of my life I had a thing for him...I'll admit to it.

But today someone had said something about country music songs, was wanting a list of them for whatever reason, so I pulled up the Billboard Top 40...And now I understand again why I don't listen to country even now. I bawl. Especially because of the top two songs on this week's list, they fit my frame of mind exactly, perfectly. One of how I'm almost feeling at this point, the other of how I wish he'd feel, so that the other one wasn't an issue.

I can't seem to wrap my mind around it all at this point. I thought things were going pretty good, guess that's what I get for thinking.

But I'll leave this off with posting this week's #5 song : I Need You Now - Lady Antebellum

Another one to add to this list is #9 : Why Don't We Just Dance - Josh Turner


Edited again to say that I'm really enjoying the new Reba Album - Keep on Loving You....

No comments:

Post a Comment