Monday, September 14, 2009

My baby brother

Poor kid. I feel bad for him. He was running and 6 miles into his run his knee popped on him, causing his knee to bend backwards and the kneecap slid between his leg bones, locking it in place there. It was too swollen immediately for there to be a good diagnosis on it when he did it late last week, Friday or Saturday, he's in Japan, so it makes it annoying for me to keep the whole date/time correlation straight. Anyways, they were able to get an x-ray today and according to my sister the drs were able to get it popped into place and are going to let it heal on its own. Originally they were thinking he was going to be doing complete reconstructive surgery, which meant he'd have an honorable medical discharge from the Marines and be able to come home, he'd also go on disability.

I don't know what it means now that they aren't pursuing the surgery, but I can't imagine his knee not giving him continual problems, even if it does "heal on its own".

I have mixed feelings about the whole thing, I'm slightly embarrassed to say. I was kinda looking forward to the idea of him being back home and not in the military, but at the same time I know going into the Marines is something he'd worked REALLY hard to be able to do. I'm very proud of him either way, just always worried about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment