Sunday, September 20, 2009

I've not really been a

Country & Western music listener for quite a few years. The other day my regular radio station (a mix of classic and modern rock & metal) wouldn't come in clearly. It does that time to time, depending on how the wind is blowing - go figure, living this far out - and I was only able to pick up a country station, I also haven't changed it since then, but I can't say that I regret it. There have been quite a few good songs come out in the last few years. At least I liked the message of them...

Sadly I know one of them is a new song, by a new artist, so I have had absolutely NO luck in finding it online. I can't even tell you for sure who sings it or what the name of it is, but I actually was glad I was parked in the school parking lot, as I BALLED....

This isn't that song, but its one that I thought was quite fitting for many persons, and I'd heard it as I was driving home this evening, so it was fresh on my mind.




There is a great number of songs that touch me, which I think is the reason I quit listening to country in the first place - I'm a HUGE emotional, crying sap, period. - so rather than add fuel to that fire I just avoid it... I'm not kidding, I cry because I'm sad, happy, excited, angry, upset, anxious, you name it, I cry. I've cried at my baby brother's high school graduation, and he's only 5 years younger than me, but it felt like such a great accomplishment and I was so proud of him, even though I knew he'd do it and do it well. I still get teary eyed thinking about it, and especially when thinking about the fact he's currently serving in Japan with the United States Marines.

But I digress...

No comments:

Post a Comment